1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect certain personal information about you, including:
- contact and business information including name, phone number, fax number, email and postal address, job title and position, and employer information;
- information used to create your online account and other account-related information including username and password;
- information about the products or services you purchased, requested, obtained or considered;
- device information regarding the devices you use to interact with us, including IP address, browser type and characteristics, Internet service provider, operating system type, language preferences, domain name, cookie IDs and other identifiers associated with your devices, and location information related to your device’s IP address;
- information we obtain through your interactions with our website, emails or advertisements such as browsing history, search history, date/time stamps, and data about the actions you take (for example, the pages you view, the links you click, the emails you open and other actions);
- social media handles, profile pictures, content and other data posted on publicly accessible social media pages or otherwise accessible to us on social media platforms (for example, on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook); and
- other personal information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our surveys, registrations, “Contact Us” feature, emails, call recordings, SMS messages, and other communications).
We obtain this information from you (for example, through our website, emails and in person) and from third parties such as social media platforms, conference and other event organizers, and other business partners (for example, lead generators, resellers and referral partners).
We also may obtain other information about you in ways that we describe at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
2. Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you visit our website or open our emails, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as browser cookies, Adobe Flash cookies, pixels, web beacons, device identifiers, server logs, and other technologies. A “browser cookie” is a text file that a website sends to a visitor’s device to identify the device or store settings and other information about your visit. A “web beacon” (also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF) is a mechanism that collects and transmits information about your device and interactions with our website and emails, such as how you use our site, access our emails and view our content.
We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. This information helps us remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it, understand how you use and interact with our website and emails and tailor them to your preferences, measure the usability of our website and the effectiveness of our communication, provide you personalized advertising, track response rates to our emails, manage and enhance our communications and website, and for other purposes listed below.
To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before placing cookies or similar technologies on your device. You can manage cookies through your web browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features. Our website is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
The following external links will explain how to manage cookies for the most common browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
3. How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you for the following purposes, which are necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by SkylerAI, and those interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms:
- provide and administer our services (such as to create, administer and communicate with you about your account);
- personalize your experience with our products and services (such as to tailor content and information we may communicate to you, and to offer location customization and personalized responses);
- communicate in accordance with applicable law about products, services, events, surveys, programs and promotions (such as by sending alerts, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications we receive in connection with our products and services;
- perform data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, data aggregation and anonymization, financial analysis and customer segmentation in accordance with applicable law);
- engage in ad retargeting and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts (including through our participation in ad networks as described below);
- conduct marketing and sales activities (such as generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns, and managing our brand);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, enhancing and improving our services; developing new services; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- verify your identity and protect against and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- maintain and enhance the safety and security of our services, network, information, customers, employees and others.
We also may use personal information for additional purposes that we will identify at the time of collection.
Third-Party Online Analytics Services
In connection with our website and emails, we use third-party online analytics services, such as those of Google Analytics. These analytics services use automated technologies to collect information (such as email address, IP address, and device identifiers) to evaluate, for example, use of our products and services and to diagnose technical issues.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
Through our website, both we and certain third-party partners may obtain information about your online activities over time and across third party websites and apps. You may see our ads on other websites or mobile apps because we participate in advertising networks. These networks consider demographic data, users’ inferred interests and browsing context and track users’ online activities over time by collecting information through automated means. This information is used to show ads that may be tailored to individuals’ interests, to track users’ browsers or devices across multiple websites and apps, and to build a profile of users’ online browsing and app usage activities, such as the pages or ads viewed and the actions taken on the websites or apps. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
To learn how to opt out of certain ad network interest-based advertising in the U.S., please visit www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. In the European Union, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu, and in Canada, visit http://www.youradchoices.ca/choices.
4. How We Share Personal Information
We may share information about you with service providers we have retained to perform services for us or on our behalf (such as data hosting and data analytics services). We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
5. Data Transfers
6. How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information of Site Visitors and Business Leads against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
7. Retention of Personal Information
We keep personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, or as long as we have another lawful basis for retaining the information beyond the period necessary to serve the original purpose for collecting it.
8. Your Rights
To the extent provided by applicable law, you may (1) request access to certain personal information we maintain about you; (2) request that we update, correct, amend or erase your personal information; (3) restrict or object to the processing of your personal information; or (4) exercise your right to data portability. To exercise these rights, update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below. Depending on your location, you may have the right to file a complaint with a government regulator if you are not satisfied with our response. Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, and we will apply your preferences going forward as appropriate. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent prior to such withdrawal.
You also can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails.
9. Links to Third-Party Websites
Our website may provide links to other third-party websites for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (such as Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, or Twitter buttons). These third-party websites and features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked or embedded third-party websites or features are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
11. Children’s Privacy
SkylerAI’s website is designed for a general audience and is not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 and does not target its marketing emails, website or services to children under 16.
12. How to Contact Us
If you have questions about how SkylerAI handles personal information or would like to exercise your applicable rights, please reach out contacting us at: